Set-Up: Every week you will be given a series of random images and 10 new vocabulary words (to prepare you for an upcoming quiz) that will require you be able to use the words ‘in context’ or to use them to write a short story.
Vocab for the Week of 9/2:
- apathy – lack or caring; indifference
- curtail – to cut short
- elicit – to draw out by discussion
- haughty- behaving in a superior way
- impede – to hinder or block
- indolent – lazy
- meticulous – extremely careful
- penchant – strong inclination; liking
- plethora – excess or abundance
- relish – to enjoy greatly
- pick (1) of the (3) images found below
- write a paragraph+ description (or story) based on it using all 10 of the words on the list
- add the part of speech in parenthesis [note: you have to look this up based on the definition]
- make sure all words are used so that the definition is understood/implied
Length: There is no set length, but make sure that you use all 10 words. You are free to write sentences that do not include any of the word to help you develop the overall description/story.
Hint: Go with the image that a) either grabbed your eyes first or b) seems to have a hidden story in it.
Note: Please review words from last week; they will also show up on the next vocab quiz (on Tues). All vocab words (once studied) will be in future quizzes.
Image #1 (link: http://tinyurl.com/6ad88y)
Image #2 (link: http://tinyurl.com/6agtju)
Image #3 (link: http://tinyurl.com/5hlec9)