Set Up: As you’ve all heard since day 1 of the class, all formal essays you write this year will always be submitted in 2 different ways to Mr. Long:
- A paper copy handed to Mr. Long directly at the beginning of the class on the day it is due
- A digital copy submitted to Mr. Long via Google Docs by the beginning of class on the day it is due
- Please watch the two following videos that explain Google Docs. Note: It is a YouTube video so you will not be able to view it at school unless you ask Mr. Long to show you directly.
- Take this brief web tour of the features found in Google Docs
- Tell Mr. Long — in a blog comment response — what seems confusing to you or what you would like him to explain in detail in class when we go over this web-based file sharing tool
Note: I will walk everyone through the set-up and use of a Google Docs account before anyone is asked to use it. I just want to make sure that everyone has some knowledge before that conversation
Video 1: a ‘tutorial’ video telling you what Google Docs does in general.
Video 2: teachers/students talking about why/how they use Google Docs.