Set-Up: Obviously any film that tries to put a story like Beowulf in front of an audience has to think seriously about the sound track. Pick the right music and the film will cleverly manipulate the audience into a wide range of emotions and reactions, not to mention make a bit of a bonus profit as fans go buy the CD/MP3s after the fact.
Challenge: What would your Beowulf film soundtrack sound like?
- Pick 5 different events (or parts of chapters) from the epic poem detailing Beowulf’s life. These can be tiny transitional moments or long scenes/conversations; it is entirely your choice.
- Select one song that you think is a great match for each event (or part of a chapter). Music can be instrumental or have lyrics. All music styles/genres are acceptable.
- Identify the song and the artist/group that performed the version you think is a good match.
- In 1+ sentences, explain why you made each choice.
- Optional: provide a link to an Internet version of the song (MP3 — iTunes; video — YouTube, etc) so that I can listen/watch as I’m reading. Thanks in advance…but this is purely optional if you have time and can find the link(s).