NOTE: THIS IS A MANDATORY BLOG ENTRY FOR EVERYONE.
- You must fully complete this for a separate ‘quiz’ grade.
- In order to get credit for any other blog entries this week, you must do this entry as well (which you will also get credit for as one of your entries).
Back story: All of you have met with Mrs. Piland about the “ACT Discover” website program that will assist you in researching a wide variety of information about potential careers that you may consider in your future.
Challenge: Using the “ACT Discover” program (on a school computer or at home), answer all 9 of the following questions. Remember that you’ll need your UserID and password when you go to the ACT website.
- Work tasks
- Salary and outlook
- Desirable personal qualities for someone in the field
- Likes & dislikes
- Majors related to the field
- What classes will you take if you major in this area
- Mention one college or university that has this related major
- What did you like best about this career?
Length: Appropriate for each of the 9 questions.
One Last Thing: Also, remember to take the Values, Interest and Abilities inventories at some point. See if suggested areas relate to the career you are researching.