This entry is mandatory. A separate quiz grade will be given for every student’s entry.
- “A” = a truly unique story/description that shows a sophisticated use of the words and the willingness to develop the idea(s); it’s clear that the story works even without the vocab words being the focus.
- “B” = a creative idea with potential (if more time was available) with a solid use of the vocab words; perhaps a bit rushed; the vocab words seem to be the focus (with the story seeming to be ‘added on’ a bit).
- “C” (or lower) = seems to be rushing through the assignment with minimal development/understanding.
- “F” = no entry.
- Note: Mr. Long may substitute “F” with a “zero” in the grade book if the student has a pattern of not doing these vocab entries over the quarter. If only one mandatory vocab entry is missing in the quarter, then an “F” will offer a minimal penalty grade-wise.
- Write a brief story or description of the image.
- Use all 10 of the following words from the January 26 list seen below.
- Include: definition and part of speech (as you use it) in parenthesis to receive maximum credit.
Remember: Include the definition and part of speech (as you use it) in parenthesis to get maximum credit.
Image 1: http://tinyurl.com/dxx4h2
Image 2: http://tinyurl.com/coynbt
Image 3: http://tinyurl.com/cengv4