- This entry is ONLY for periods 1, 2 and 3.
- Do NOT do this if you are in period 4 or 7. We will do this entry once you have started 1984.
NEW RULES for 4th QUARTER for ALL ENTRIES:
- 1 entry for a “C”; 2 entries for a “B”; 3 entries for an “A”.
- Length: Each entry must be a minimum of 3 full paragraphs
- Paragraphs: Each paragraph must be 5+ sentences.
- Any entry that is less than 3 paragraphs — and entries with paragraphs less than 5 sentences – are not guaranteed credit.
BACKGROUND: Almost a decade before you were born, a young technology company released one of the most famous television ads in modern history as an ‘attack’ on a larger technology company:
It featured a striking visual image that almost riveted viewers to the screen.
It featured a familiar film theme (can you name it? he smiles).
It also featured a stunning ‘message’ to customers of a competing technology company (that many of you may also be familiar with) that they should ‘revolt’ and consider a different company’s technology (that many of you are also very familiar with).
Challenge: react to the video (found on YouTube through the link above).
- Remember that you can’t watch this at school unless you ask Mr. Long to show it to you before the weekend begins (wink, wink).
- Please include the following in formation in the response:
part 1: what you think of the actual television ad
part 2: any connections to 1984 that catch your attention