- This entry is ONLY for periods 1, 2 and 3.
- Do NOT do this if you are in period 4 or 7. We will do this entry once you have started 1984.
NEW RULES for 4th QUARTER for ALL ENTRIES:
- 1 entry for a “C”; 2 entries for a “B”; 3 entries for an “A”.
- Length: Each entry must be a minimum of 3 full paragraphs
- Paragraphs: Each paragraph must be 5+ sentences.
- Any entry that is less than 3 paragraphs — and entries with paragraphs less than 5 sentences – are not guaranteed credit.
BACKGROUND: We’re soon going to be learning a bit about the historical creation of the ‘party’ and Big Brother’s government. In fact, we’re actually going to read one of the documents that helped create this world — Goldstein’s book for those reading ahead.
CHALLENGE: What is the one rule, Big Brother slogan, or piece of ‘party’ propaganda that you’d like to learn more about as we discuss this novel and Orwell’s ideas?
Image: One of Orwell’s original hand-written manuscript pages.