NEW RULES for 4th QUARTER for ALL ENTRIES:
- 1 entry for a “C”; 2 entries for a “B”; 3 entries for an “A”.
- Length: Each entry must be a minimum of 3 full paragraphs
- Paragraphs: Each paragraph must be 5+ sentences.
- Any entry that is less than 3 paragraphs — and entries with paragraphs less than 5 sentences – are not guaranteed credit.
BACKGROUND: All of you are extremely bright and have figured out a remarkable range of ideas along the way. This is a wide open question that allows you to consider anything we’ve discussed in class this year. Absolutely anything.
- Sometimes the realizations — or ‘epiphanies’ — may have been purely based on the plot or text of something we’ve read.
- Other times they may have been about something that is in the real world…and suddenly feels connected to our class/texts.
- Whatever it is, I’m curious about one ‘big idea’ or realization you’ve had this year (that continues to stick with you) because of anything that was discussed in class. Sometimes they’ve been a mixture of both plot and real world. Actually, it may be hard to separate them.
CHALLENGE: Tell us about ONE thing that really made an impact on you as a person (and student).